skip to main content
Enrollment: Online registration (OLR)

Enrollment: Online registration (OLR)

For 2022-2023: enrolling for the current school year

For 2023-2024: incoming 9th graders, opens November 15

Completing your student's enrollment application through the district's Online Registration (OLR) is the first step in the process for entering a SUHSD school. If you are interested in having your student request a transfer to TIDE, EPAA, or a school other than the one assigned by your home address, submit an Open Enrollment request when completing Online Registration (due by February 1, 2023). Once you have completed OLR, the District's staff will be in contact to verify the status of the registration. Depending upon the time of year that you submit your student's enrollment application, responses may take 1-10 business days to complete. If you need assistance, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
To ensure the district can properly plan to serve all students in 2023-24, please pay close attention to the following Online Registration deadlines:
Requesting Open Enrollment?
Deadline to
Submit OLR
Yes: TIDE, EPAA, or a school other than the one assigned by your home address
February 1, 2023
No: attending assigned home school
April 28, 2023

Submitting Open Enrollment to TIDE or EPAA? To be added to their interest list and communications, please also contact:

OLR Button

Online Registration must be completed and submitted as a mandatory requirement for the following reasons:
  • Verify you reside within Sequoia Union High School District attendance boundaries;
  • Update your current home address and contact information for communication/emergency purposes;
  • Identify your assigned high school based on your home address;
  • Participate in the optional Open Enrollment process (more information below); and
  • Submit required information to allow your assigned school to best serve your student.


General Information for OLR

Before you begin enrollment for your student(s), please gather the following information as it will expedite the process:
  • Household information: address and phone numbers for your primary physical address, including documents supporting residency which will include property taxes, lease agreement, utility bills, etc.; PO Boxes and business addresses are NOT accepted for residency 
  • Parent/Legal Guardian (court-appointed) information: valid identification, work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
  • Student Information: birth certificate/passport, previous school information, health/medication information, IEP/504, etc.
  • Emergency Contacts: full names, phone numbers, etc.
  • Click for a detailed list of Required Documents

Things to note as you submit your student's enrollment application:
  • This is a mandatory process required for enrollment of all new students to SUHSD
  • Please only upload images or scans of original, unaltered documents
  • A home visit may be made to verify residency; these are completed at random and will not be scheduled
  • You must physically reside within district boundaries prior to submitting an enrollment application
  • Once your student's registration process is complete and school placement is confirmed, only then will your student be enrolled
  • It is very important that the information entered is accurate
  • Required questions are in red text and are marked with a red asterisk *
  • Dates must be entered as mm/dd/yyyy
  • Enter data in mixed case (not CAPS)

Open Enrollment

Open Enrollment transfers are available to incoming 9th grade students who wish to attend TIDE, EPAA, or a school other than their assigned home school. After enrollment targets are established at each school, and a determination is made that there are available seats, a random, unbiased drawing will be held to assign students to those open seats. SUHSD's Administrative Regulation 5116.1 includes further information.
You do not need to complete submit an Open Enrollment request if you want your child to attend their assigned home school. If you would like to request for your incoming 9th grader to attend a different school, please complete an Open Enrollment request when completing Online Registration prior to the deadline of February 1st.

Course Selection

Course Selection/Approval

Incoming 9th graders transitioning over summer: SUHSD's Articulation with feeder schools/districts result in counseling liaison visits in the Spring. These visits include more information about assigned home schools, placement options, as well as the course selection/approval process.
Students  arriving mid-year: take the documentation you receive for your student to his/her home school and complete this step, in addition to registering. Anticipate meeting with school administration and/or a counselor for course selection/approval.

Online Info Update

Online Information Update

Click here for more information on the mandatory Online Information Update (OIU) process. This process includes the Annual Parent Notification and provides parents with the opportunity to update household information and email their student's counselor to request course request changes. As a reminder, if you have moved, you must complete a Change of Address form in order to update your residence in our student data management system.
  • The Online Information Update process typically opens on May 1 and closes on May 29
  • In late April, each household will receive instructions by mail to complete this process
    • Information will be included as to whom to contact for assistance
  • When you log in, you will be able to submit and/or update student information as well as see the courses your student is scheduled to take during the next school year


1. Can I submit OLR before I move into the district?
No. You must have documentation that you are living in the district and you must be physically residing at the address you are verifying.  
2. Do incoming 9th grade students need to do OLR if the family has an older sibling already in one of the district schools?
Yes. OLR must be done for each new student who enters the district.
3. Must I do OLR or verify my residency every year?
No. You only need to complete OLR when your student enters the district. If you move, it is important to complete a Change of Address form so you receive information from the district.
4. If we move within the district, do we have to change schools?
No. If you are still residing within the district, you may choose to remain at your current school or to move to the school that aligns with your new school boundaries. In this case, you must come in and file a Change of Address form and provide documentation of your new address. 
Need assistance?

Need assistance?

Online Registration & Residency:
  • 8:00am - 4:00pm: please call (650) 369-1411 ext. 22395 or ext. 22209
  • Any time: please email or
  • Online Registration may be submitted in person at one of the iPad kiosks at the District Office
  • Please bring the required documents to 480 James Ave. in Redwood City, CA from 8:00am - 4:00pm