TIDE Academy Enrollment Process
STEP I: Complete Online Registration
Opens November 15
Online Registration (OLR) must be completed as a mandatory requirement to establish residency with SUHSD attendance boundaries and to begin your student's enrollment. For more information, please refer to the District website by clicking the button below. Note: any student that has an incomplete, late, or missing Online Registration application is ineligible for enrollment to the district and/or TIDE Academy.
STEP II: Submit Open Enrollment for TIDE via OLR
November 15 - February 1
While submitting an Online Registration application, parents/guardians can submit a TIDE enrollment request through the Open Enrollment portion.
(screenshots, click to enlarge)
This must be completed by the Open Enrollment deadline which is February 1st annually. As a reminder, TIDE enrollment requests via Open Enrollment are only for incoming 9th grade students.
After February 1
Students that desire to enroll to TIDE Academy after the closure of Open Enrollment (after Feb. 1 annually) may submit their request in Online Registration by selecting "Incoming 9/10/11/12th Grader: TIDE Enrollment" for the "Reason for Online Registration" field:
Please visit the district's Open Enrollment and Enrollment pages for more information.
STEP III: TIDE/Open Enrollment Closes
The enrollment window will close on February 1 at 4:00pm. Late applications cannot and will not be accepted. All requests for enrollment must be submitted and completed by this date/time. The Student Services department will immediately analyze requests against allocated enrollment groups. Enrollment notices will be mailed soon thereafter, if no public drawing (lottery) is needed, according to the allocated enrollment groups:
Group 1 - Addresses zoned for Menlo-Atherton High School*: 60%**
Group 2 - Addresses zoned for other SUHSD schools: 40%
*includes those portions of the following zip codes zoned to M-A: 94025, 94027, 94028, 94062, 94063 and 94303
**in order to serve TIDE’s local school community and due to the impacted enrollment status of M-A
If a public drawing (lottery) is necessary, final preparations will be made to execute.
STEP IV: Public Drawing (Lottery), if necessary
In the event that applications exceed available enrollment opportunities within either of the allocated enrollment groups, a random public drawing (lottery) will be conducted within each group in the following order:
Group 1: a randomly generated list will determine the order in which enrollments will be offered. Any Group 1 student not receiving an enrollment offer will be included in the Group 2 random public drawing (lottery), if one occurs, or will receive vacant Group 2 enrollment offers based upon the order of the randomly generated list.
Group 2: a randomly generated list will determine the order in which enrollments will be filled.
Additional information regarding the Public Drawing (Lottery):
- All students not receiving an enrollment offer will be placed on a waitlist
- Remaining enrollments (if any) will be offered in order to waitlisted students. Enrollment notices will be sent and students are expected to confirm enrollment as soon as possible, or within 7 business days after the date listed on the enrollment notice
- Enrollment notices will be sent as soon as possible, upon completion
STEP V: Enrollment (Rolling if necessary)
Each student that is accepted will receive written enrollment confirmation. TIDE will become your student’s home school and parents/guardians are responsible for transportation. Rolling enrollment confirmations will continue to be sent to students in waitlisted order, if enrollments become available.
If you do not receive an enrollment notification prior to the end of TIDE enrollment (see below), your student will remain at his or her home school. If additional seats become available, further enrollment offers will continue to be extended.
TIDE Academy Enrollment Policy
TIDE Academy will continue adding additional freshman classes each school year. Any Freshman that resides within Sequoia Union High School District’s attendance boundaries may apply for TIDE enrollment through our established Open Enrollment process. Additional information for enrollment at TIDE is below.
- October/November: Open Enrollment letters, containing information on the TIDE enrollment process, sent to all current 8th grade students
- November 15: Online Registration opens.
- November 15: Open Enrollment window, and thus TIDE’s enrollment window, opens at 12:00pm
- February 1: Open Enrollment window, and thus TIDE’s enrollment window, closes at 4:00pm (no late applications are accepted)
- February 7 (usually a week later): applications are sorted and evaluated based upon allocated enrollment groups. Public drawing lotteries are held (if necessary). The drawing will be held at the Sequoia Union High School District Office (Board room) at 480 James Avenue in Redwood City at 3:00pm in the Birch Conference Room. While you are welcome to attend, it is not required as all lottery outcomes will be communicated to families in writing.
- Mid- through Late-February: enrollment notices are sent to families. If Lottery occurs: waitlist(s) will be established at this time; all remaining enrollments, if any exist, will be provided to waitlist students by waitlisted order within each allocated enrollment group
- March-April: any remaining enrollments are offered in order of waitlisted students on rolling basis, until waitlist expires, or as interested families contact Student Services Dept
- End of April: TIDE enrollment is finalized; waitlist will expire unless additional seats remain, resulting in further enrollment offers being extended
- Ongoing: students interested in enrolling at TIDE Academy can contact the Student Services department to submit an Adjustment Transfer
- Administrative Services
- Maintenance & Operations
- Technology & Information Services
- Food Services
- Educational Services
- English Learner & Special Programs
- Professional Development & Curriculum
- Research, Evaluation & Compliance/Categoricals
- Special Education
- TIPS - Teacher Induction Partnership for Success
- LCFF and LCAP
- Human Resources
- General Information
- Retirees' Benefits
- COVID-19 Info. for Staff
- Job Opportunities/Descriptions
- Mandated Reporting
- Title IX
- Workers' Compensation
- Employee Notifications
- Labor Negotiations
- Student Services
- COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Guidelines
- COVID-19 Testing Appointments
- COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Fall 2021 Opening Plan
- AB104 Retention
- Attendance and Welfare
- Boundary Search
- Change of Address
- Health Services
- Interdistrict Transfers
- Section 504
- Social Emotional Learning
- CA Healthy Kids Survey
- Community Involvement
- Counseling, Psych., Social Services
- Employee Wellness
- Family Engagement
- Financial Aid Resources
- Health Education
- Health Services
- Nutrition Environment & Services
- Physical Education & Activity
- Physical Environment
- School & Emotional Climate
- Student Health & Wellness Resources
- Wellness Advisory Council (WAC)
- District Wellness in the News
- Digital Wellbeing
- District Library Media
- COVID-19 Updates
- Administrative Services