skip to main content

Interdistrict Transfer OUT of SUHSD

Interdistrict Transfer OUT of SUHSD

Interdistrict Transfer OUT of SUHSD iconInterdistrict Transfer OUT of SUHSDtitle

Instructions for completing request for transfer OUT of SUHSD:

Download_File1. Students living inside of the Sequoia Union High School District boundary wanting to transfer OUT of the district need to complete the “Interdistrict Transfer – Application for Release from SUHSD” form
  1. The form needs to be completely filled out in order to be processed
  2. You must indicate if your student requires special education services and include an updated IEP; the request will be routed to our Executive Director of Special Education for completion
  3. Submit in person, mail, or electronically, to:

Sequoia Union High School District
Attn: Jarrett Dooley, Director of Student Services
480 James Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94062

2. As the process involves a number of factors, please allow 7-10 business days for a response
3. Upon review of the application, the district will make a determination for approval or denial. If approved, the signed application and release will be forwarded to the requested district; you may ask to hand deliver a copy, at your convenience, if you would like to expedite the process
4. Refer to the website of the desired district of attendance (district transferring to) or contact them for more information so you can understand the entire process. Each district often follows different procedures and there may be additional forms to complete
5. A signed and approved release from SUHSD does not guarantee or imply transfer approval by any other district


If you would like to know the status of your request, please contact the Department of Student Services at your convenience: Cynthia Guerra: (650) 369-1411 Ext. 22211, Email: