skip to main content

Special Education & Student Services


FAQs icon

How will my student with disabilities access the services and accommodations in their  Individualized Education Program?
Special Education Case Managers and IEP team members will be working collaboratively in order to ensure the implementation of a student’s Individualized Education Program.
In early August, the Special Education Department sent a letter to parents with students with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) answering frequently asked questions during the distance learning plan. 

  • How will I find out about my student’s educational plan during distance learning?
  • Does the Distance Learning Plan change the District’s offer on the IEP?
  • Will my student still receive services other than the instruction from their teacher?
  • What if my student requires specialized equipment based on their IEP? 
  • What if my student attends a program outside the district comprehensive sites? 
  • What is happening in terms of initial and triennial assessments for services? 
  • What do I need to do to request records?

You can read the letter by clicking here.
How will my student with a 504 plan access accommodations?
Students with a Section 504 Plan will continue to receive accommodations based upon student need, with considerations for the online learning environment. School site teams will work in collaboration with parents and guardians to ensure accommodations are in place, and revisit or re-evaluate per the guidelines of Section 504. Counselors will continue to offer Triannual eligibility reviews and Annual 504 Plan reviews.