9th GRADE OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
The Board of Trustees desires to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of the district's students. Ninth Grade Open Enrollment is a period of time when an incoming 9th grade student may request a high school other than their assigned home school to attend. You must complete an online Open Enrollment Transfer Application to be eligible.
Saturday, October 1, 2016 - Open Enrollment opens at 12:00 p.m.
Friday, February 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. - Open Enrollment closes (There are no late exceptions)
You do not need to complete an Open Enrollment Transfer Application if you want your child to attend their assigned home school.
If you need assistance with going online to complete Open Enrollment, you can come to the district office during these times:
Monday/Wednesday - 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday/Thursday - 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Assistance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Assistance is available in Spanish.
For questions or concerns about Open Enrollment, please contact
**************PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY******************
New changes to 9th Grade Open Enrollment were approved by the Board of Trustees effective for the 2016-17 school year.
The following regulations apply to 9th Grade Open Enrollment. Those in italics are new changes.
1. How does the district determine which high school my student is assigned to?
The district determines which high school your student attends based on your home address. Address verification must be completed at the district office. See ADDRESS VERIFICATION for further details.
2. What if the school assigned is not my preferred school?
Families can complete the Open Enrollment application on this page. Approvals are lottery-based and not guaranteed. This applies to incoming 9th grade students only.
3. Do I have to submit an Open Enrollment transfer if I want my student to attend his/her assigned school?
4. Can my student return to his/her originally assigned school if the new school does not work out?
No. Once the transfer request is approved, you may not rescind or transfer.
5. Does my student qualify for sibling priority if they have a sibling who previously attended the school but has since graduated?
No. In order to qualify for the sibling priority, the student must have a sibling assigned to the school during the school year requested.
6. Can I appeal if my child does not get into our desired school through Open Enrollment?
No. There is no appeal process. If your student does not get into your desired school through the Open Enrollment process, he/she must attend his/her assigned school.