2018-19 Address Verification - Nov. 1st Top of Page

Address Verification for incoming 9th grade students for the 2018-19 school year will begin on November 1, 2017 and must be completed by April 27, 2018.  All students new to the district must complete address verification, in person, at the district office located at 480 James Avenue in Redwood City.  This is a mandatory process required for enrollment of all new students. 

Hours for address verification are Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. at the Sequoia Union High School District office in Redwood City.  

Note: Address Verification must be done in person.  Scanned, emailed or mailed documents are not accepted.

 An address verification must be on file for every student in the Sequoia Union High School District..

Address verification is only submitted once unless you move; in which case you would submit a change of address form.

Address Verification needs to be completed for the following reasons:

  1. Verify that you live within the Sequoia Union High School District boundary
  2. Update your current home address in our records
  3. Identify your assigned high school (based on your home address)

Address Verification Process:

  1. An Address Verification form must be completed. You may print out the application below or come to the district office and complete a form there.
  2. Bring the Address Verification form, in person, to the district office
  3. You must bring appropriate documentation with you. Read the section below outlining which documents you must bring.

The Sequoia Union High School District office is located at:
480 James Avenue, Redwood City.

Please note:

  • Address verification cannot be done by telephone or fax.
  • If you have no printed documentation, please contact the district office for assistance.  A home visit will be made to verify residency.  Please note that home visits are completed at random and may not be scheduled. 
  • If you do not have a California ID, you may bring a passport, out-of-state identification, or any form of ID with a picture and a printed name.
  • The district will not accept your address verification prior to you residing in the district. You must have current documentation that you are residing within the district boundaries to attend school in the district.

Address Verification Documents NeededTop of Page

Please see the link below for detailed instructions on the address verification procedure.
Documents needed for Address Verification
This link includes: the documentation you must bring to verify your address, location of district office, and hours of address verification.
 Este enlace incluye: la documentación que debe traer para verificar su dirección, ubicación de la                     oficina del distrito y horas de verificación de la domicilio.

Address Verification FormTop of Page

Address Verification Application
This is the form which you need to complete and bring to the district office along with your proof of address. The district office is located at: 480 James Avenue Redwood City, CA 94062 650.369.1411 *Do not mail. Must be presented in person.

Shared Residence Verification formTop of Page

If you are residing with another family and are unable to provide documentation to verify your home address, you will need to complete the Shared Residency Affidavit. A home visit will be done for all families that submit this document as proof of residency. Please note that the form is a legal document and must be notarized and completed by both the homeowner and the parent.
If your student is an incoming freshman for the 2018-2019 school year, we will not accept this form of verification until the beginning of July 2018.  
There are two pages to the Share Residence Verification form:
  1. Parent/Guardian section – to be completed by the family living in the residence who will be attending school in the district
  2. Homeowner/Apartment Owner section – this form is to be completed by the owner of the property. This person must also come to the district to do address verification with the appropriate documents.

Change of AddressTop of Page

It is important to notify the district and school site if there is a change of address so you continue to receive important communications about your student.
  • A change of address is made by completing the Change of Address form
  • Submit the form to the district office just as you would a regular address verification form.
  • You will need to provide proof of your new address.

Change of Address form
Use this form to file a change of address. You must come to the district office with supporting documents.

Address Verification AssistanceTop of Page

Click the name to send an email message:
650.369.1411 Ext. 22209 

Inter-district TransfersTop of Page

Inter District Transfers: If you live outside of the Sequoia Union High School District and would like to request a transfer into our district, please see the link below.

Inter-district Transfer AssistanceTop of Page

For assistance with Inter-district Transfers, please contact the district at 650.369.1411.
Click the name to send an email message:
Guerra, Cynthia
Adminstrative Assistant
Ext. 22211 

Address Verification FAQ'sTop of Page

Q: Can I file my address verification before I move into the district?

A: No. You must have documentation that you are living in the district and you must be physically residing at the address you are verifying.  

Q: Do incoming 9th grade students need to do address verification if the family has an older sibling already in one of the district schools?

A: Yes. Address verification must be done for each new student who comes into the district.

Q: Can I do address verification by fax or email?

A: No. Address verifcation must be done in person.

Q: Must I do address verification every year?

A: No. You only need to it when your student enters the district. If you move, it is important to complete a Change of Address form so you receive information from the district.

Q: If we move within the district, do we have to change schools?

A: No. If you are still residing within the district, you may choose to remain at your current school or to move to the school that aligns with your new school boundaries. In this case, you must come in and file a new address verification form. and provide documentation of your new address.